Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Any experience with cold air intake on 08 Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2008, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with cold air intake on 08 Tahoe?

I'm new to this forum but it seems like it will be helpful and a lot of fun! I belong to a similar boating forum.

I have a 2008 Tahoe Z71. I tow a heavy 27 foot boat with it. I love to add easy upgrades that will give me even the slightest performance increase- without voiding my warranty since this Tahoe is brand new.

I think I'm going to add the GM PERFORMANCE PARTS (17800809) air intake kit. I have heard from some people that it is better quality and better designed than K&N, Air-raid, etc... I don't know for a fact that that's true....

Will this air intake system give me any performance increase at all? I'm not looking for huge gains, just a little would be fine. Better gas mileage might be too much to ask for- but some people swear that these DO improve the gas mileage.

I want the intake/engine to sound a little louder/tougher but not to the point that it's annoying.

Lastly- is it easy to install? Does everything line up like it's supposed to? Hoses, clamps, MAF sensor, etc....

Thanks for any advice any of you have. I used a similar system on my 2002 Tahoe Z71 (K&N) and it worked well.

Tony
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any experience with cold air intake on 08 Tahoe?

Well, I haven't heard from any of you guys. I ordered the part today from my dealer. In the next week or two i will install it and try it out. then I'll post my experience with it in case anyone else is wondering about this add-on.

Tony