Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Argh! Please help with my stupid car alarm!

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2007, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh! Please help with my stupid car alarm!

I have a 1998 Chevy Blazer. Every once in a while, we've found that it won't start. It seems to have something to do with the car alarm. When we push the unlock button on the remote entry a few times, it eventually relents and allows us to start the vehicle.

Recently, though, the fob broke, so we've just been using the key to get in and out of the car. It happened again this morning that we couldn't start it, and not knowing what to do since we couldn't use the fob, I took a crack at solving it by disconnecting the car battery momentarily to hopefully "reset" it and get it going again.

It did work, at least the first time I tried it. Now the car won't start, AND the alarm goes off every few minutes (with no way to shut it off).

I really have no idea what to do at this point. Ideally, I'd like to just disable the car alarm, but I'm sure that's not as easy as simply unplugging something.

Please help! Any guidance would be appreciated, since we obviously can't drive it right now.

Thanks much
J.