Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Joining door lock stuck and won't open

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2014, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining door lock stuck and won't open

I have a 94 Chevy 1500 and I cant open the door from the outside or the inside.It has no power locks, no child locks! Even trying to go through the door handle. Pulling the rods don't work either. can't take the door panel off because it can only be removed with the door open. Someone told me that i will have to have the door cut off! Is there any other way that I can get it open without doing that? It's the lock that connects the door to the body or frame
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I'd cut the door off, but, you're probably going to have to screw something up to get it done.

I'd pull the seat out where I could get to it good, and just cut/pull the Door Panel off and access it that way. You probably got a rod slipped out of a leaver or something like that. You can always go to a Wrecking Yard and buy a replacement Panel if you messed it up too bad. Also, don't just fix it, figure out what happened to cause that. You might need to go through the other doors to keep it from happening again.

Last edited by SWHouston; January 6th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old January 6th, 2014, 2:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot! that sounds like a plan.