Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Bad battery connection

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2008, 10:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad battery connection

So when I installed my new engine I also got a new Optima battery. The positive connection has two cables that connects, but only the first one (closest to the battery) is tight. The other is a little loose and is causing me problems; the car will sometimes not crank and some oher issues that might be related. Tightening the screw seems to have caused further problems where it now gets to a point where it clicks and becomes loose again.

Should I put a washer somewhere in the connection? Is there maybe a battery disconnect kit I can install to get the connection up on top of the battery and not use the side connections, while also add a disconnect switch, obviously?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Old November 11th, 2008, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Bad battery connection

i had the same prolem on my truck what i ended up doing was buying new connectors from auto zone there only a few bucks and you will also need a bolt that is longer so both connecters are on there tight and for the battery diconect i would try summit racing or any local auto parts store but summit might be cheaper
Old November 12th, 2008, 1:18 AM
Banned

Default RE: Bad battery connection

I had the same problem before, and just like chevyman1210 said, the solution would be just to buy new battery connectors, so it will fit correctly.