Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

a/c recharge

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2007, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c recharge

I have a 99 Tahoe it has a rear a/c control when turned on it is cooler than the front i know the front needs to be charged will it effect the rear a/c or not.
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a/c recharge

The front and rear are part of the same system; you can't charge one or the other. However they do have separate evaporators. Poor cooling can be caused by a number of things: Restricted Condenser or discharge hose, restricted receiver/dryer, Expansion valve/orifice tube plugged, Defective compressor (not in your case), System overcharged w/ refrigerant, Defective fan clutch (only at low vehicle speeds).

As you can see it can be a number of possibilities, so before you go putting more refrigerant in the system I would get some manifold gauges to check your head pressures. If you don't know what your doing have a professional check it because you can wind up screwing up your whole system and costing yourself a lot of money.