Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

This can't be real

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2008, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This can't be real

Well I'm not exactly sure where to post this one so its here. I've heard of some kind of computer chip that you can install onto your car to make it get like 2-3 times better mpg (and when you have a suburban any amount better is a lot) but have any of you ppl know of this chip, its general price, how well it works or if it is some scam. Thanks in advanced. #1SuburbanFan
Old February 4th, 2008, 6:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: This can't be real

They can be found on E-bay and YES they are a scam. The one I tried was just a resistor to hook up to a MASS sensor. My car doesn't even have the sensor they told me to connect it to. Save your money for gas.
Old February 17th, 2008, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: This can't be real

Hi. New to all this. Saw your This cant be real and have used these same words this past couple of days. I am trying to figure out how to get the heater matrix out of my recently acquired 1990 G20. I have sent off for a Haynes manual with the hope of that showing me how to remove what looks like an impossible unit. I have the dash out but cant see how the heater radiator unit comes out. When i figure out how to post a message to the general forum i will but for now i hope you might have some clue. Appreciate any help. A mistified Irish man. Liam.