Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Car Doesent Start

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2008, 8:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Doesent Start

Hey guys I have a 2003 Cavalier 2.2 ecotec all stock base model. I let my friend drive it and stupid me he can't drive stick. So he was going over a speed bump the car was in nuteral and he braked to a complete stop without depressing the clutch! The car stalled and that was the end. Now it doesent start! After turning on goes to about 500 rpms and then shuts off. I tried gassing it, but the engine kinda chokes and dies 3 seconds later. I checked the fuel punps, the bike tire looking thing, the gas leakes out, fairly good I belive, shoots up to about half way on the engine so that is okay I guess. Its not the battery as mine is charged and was changed to new one in Jan. The spark plugs were changed about 200 km ago so they are practicly new! Yes I have gas, about half a tank. I tried starting up again with interval of a few hours... Nothing!
I'm not a car guy, but when I start it, the pistons seem to move, so I don't think its a problem. The engine has 133000 km so this shouldn't be a problem. The cluch is fine to as far as I can tell. And when is start, even if I gas it fully, it still chokes! Help!!! I am so lost

PS: the fuses look fine too!
Old July 24th, 2008, 4:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Doesent Start

The car was in neutral & it stalled?
Old July 25th, 2008, 2:33 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Car Doesent Start

Need to find out if the car has compression, spark, and seeing as though you have checked for fuel pressure, make sure the injectors are firing