Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Cavalier heater problem

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2006, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cavalier heater problem

I replaced the bottom radiator hose on my 87 Cavalier conv. When I refilled the radiator I put the heater control on heat, and turned it on. Heat comes out fine, the only problem is now it only comes out thrugh the dash vents, or defrost. Nothing comes out by the floor now. Everything worked fine before the hose replacement. Any suggestions??? It also gurgles for a second when I start it cold. I filled the radiator itself untill it was full a few times, the recovery tank is full to the right spot.
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:58 PM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Cavalier heater problem

Replacing the lower rad hose will not affect where the air is routed inside the car. The diverter door at the heat box is not working., whether it's the control mechanism or the door itself.

The gurgling you hear is air in the cooling system. Leave the heat setting at max heat and run the car for awhile to help bleed the air.
Old December 8th, 2006, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Cavalier heater problem

Don't tell me.... it's a pain in the a%@ to get to the diverter door. It's been cold the past few days and I've been running the heat, but still have the gurgle. Thanx for the info.