Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Wiring Help Needed Asap

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2006, 5:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Help Needed Asap

I'm new to the whole chevy thing never owned one before and I've never driven one before. Now one would wonder how does that work well I'm 17 almost 18 and I've been driving Dodge's for the past two years. Before anyone flames me for driving a dodge or cheers that I bought a chev. I'm happy with my ram(it's an SST) and only bought the Chev for a racecar(Not to be a jerk or anything)

It's a 1986 Chevrolet Caprice. Currently with a 350 but I'm yanking it because it's condition is questionable and I don't wanna wreck it and I'm putting in a 305 from an 86 Camaro with 86,000 kms on it.

now on to my question. I'm in a serious bind. The previous owner built it with questionable wiring and I want to replace it all. It's a custom wiring job and I'm in need of a diagram or instruction on how to wire up the engine, and wire up the ignition/starter. If anybody around here could help me I'd be very thankful.
Old October 10th, 2006, 8:31 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wiring Help Needed Asap

You're going to have to spring for a wiring schematic, or visit your local dealer and see if they will copy off the pages that you need from their service manual.

Jeff Gordon look out!