Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Chevy Owners should unite for a recall

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2009, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Owners should unite for a recall

I was going to just post this on the Impala site but since I have found that it also seems to affect other GM vehicles.
I bought a 2004 Impala last week. I love the ride, but after having it for just two days, a problem developed. The fuel gauge and the temperature gauge went haywire. The fuel gauge went all the way to the bottom, and the temperature gauge went way past hot. I have been doing a little research on this and have found that other people have had the same problem. And as I said I have found that it doesn't just end at the Impalas. GM trucks, and other makes of GM have been plagued by this. I have also done enough research to find that GM won't recall them. I think we should all unite and make them. There has to be a way. So if anyone on here has this problem, lets see if we can't get something done about it. Also there are some that the spedometer also reads wrong. Fortunately I haven't had that happen.
Old January 11th, 2009, 4:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chevy Owners should unite for a recall

yea man i wish we could get a petition with all the chevy owner's that are having problem;s with the related gauge problem's ,i would sign up right away .
Old January 11th, 2009, 5:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Chevy Owners should unite for a recall

I know my dad would be fine with that, but if Toyota would never recall the 2000 Corolla for a major engine problem, yet recalled other Toyotas with the same exact problem then GM will probably never recall the cars to get the gauge problem fixed.