Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 PM

Default Clock keeps resetting to 12:00

For a few days now, every time I get in and start my car, the clock has reset to 12:00. If it's been a only 2 or 3 hours, it will advance from 12:00 to the time elapsed. But if it's overnight, it's completely reset to 12:00. The radio hasn't reset or lost it's settings. The battery has not died. No other "electrical" or sound system problems appear. To the left of the 12:00 I get a clock icon and the word INFO. This is not the same INFO shown when radio broadcasts info, but to the left of the clock numbers. Any ideas what is happening? The manual only shows how to set the clock time. And the only references to INFO are the radio broadcast INFO. The car is a 2003 Impala with radio and single CD from the factory. No Onstar.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 PM

Default RE: Clock keeps resetting to 12:00

Unless I am missing something you did not provide year make and model of the vehicle or the type of radio (am/fm/cd/mp3/xm). Not all vehicles or radios are created equally so I would need to know what we are working with.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 PM

Thanks for trying. I updated my entry later. 2003 Impala with factoryAM/FM/single CD no Onstar.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

probably a bad radio. If you aren't loosing your presets then it probably isn't a power or ground issue. Could be a cold solder or dfective part inside the radio

If you have a question, ask it in the forums. I will no longer be answering questions sent to my email.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default Any results

Has anybody been able to find a fix for this problem, my 03 Impala started doing the nsame thing just this morning.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveStamp View Post
Has anybody been able to find a fix for this problem, my 03 Impala started doing the nsame thing just this morning.

I had the same problem. Try cleaning the key with alcohol and a Q-Tip

Then reset the clock. Also, check the ignition switch. Your ignition switch could be worn or lose. It can also be dirty. Blow air into the ignition switch to clean it.

The key is not sending the single to the ignition switch properly and therefor the radio is not getting the voltage to the memory in the radio to keep the clock set.

I had the same problem when the Security Light came on and I thought it was a Passlock problem.

My key was dirty and my ignition switch lose. I'm going to try to tighten up the ignition switch and see if that solves all my other problems. If that doesn't work I will have to replace my ignition switch.

Good luck
Old 07-16-2013, 03:01 PM
CF Beginner

RB Auto Service

I own a GM specialty shop in Florida and we most commonly see this issue with failing igntion switches. For one reason or another you are loosing RAP (retained accessory power) that much is clear. Don't be thrown off by the radio presets. Modern GM radios have memory like a computer and presets don't get erased when you loose power. The clock is a different story though.

Last edited by MDTAHOE; 07-16-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Shameless Plug of Website.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

2003 Chevrolet Impala keeps resetting the clock and I have cleaned the keys and blew air in the key hole. Also when I start my car there is a pop sound told it was a kick back to get fuel injector cleaner. I did and it quit for a week now doing it again. What should I do?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:19 AM

Tags
12, 1200, 2003, auto, car, chevy, clock, impala, radio, reset, resets, resetting, silverado, tahoe, time