Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Auto to Standard

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to Standard

Hey everybody. New member here. I'm not a chevy owner, but I'm interested in possibly purchasing an older truck. I thought this would be a good place to familiarize myself with them.

Anyway, as the thread title says, I am curious what is involved in changinga truck from automatic to manual transmission. For example, a 1986 C20. About how much could a process like this cost?
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but if someone could just give me a general idea I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old March 24th, 2008, 2:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Auto to Standard

Any tranny shop should be able to give you an idea. You would save yourself some cash if you could install the pedal assembly before you bring it to the shop. My guess would be the cost of the tranny pluys at least 500 extra labor.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would be a lot cheeper if you can do the work your self ,find a truck that is the same year as yours thats junked out that you can rob the parts off of and have it their so you can compare as you go and not have to make a million trip's
Old March 25th, 2008, 2:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: old dog

it would be a lot cheeper if you can do the work your self ,find a truck that is the same year as yours thats junked out that you can rob the parts off of and have it their so you can compare as you go and not have to make a million trip's
thats a good idea