Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Diagnostic Tools for Laptop

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnostic Tools for Laptop

Does anyone know where I can get a laptop computer system for monitoring and diagnosing Chevy vehicles?
I know most of the dealers use these type setups but where do you get the software and adapters to interface with a laptop?

Thanks.
Old May 8th, 2009, 2:52 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an old thread, but I too am looking for some laptop software to watch live data. I have a laptop mount for the truck for when I used to use it for maps till I got a garmin.

I found this site http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...scan/index.php price looks comparable to a handheld code scanner, about $200. Ill dl the demo and check it out.

Just curious if anyone knows of some simple OBDII to USB software out there to get live data? I have a nice code scanner but I would like everything on one screen.

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; May 8th, 2009 at 2:55 PM.
Old May 8th, 2009, 4:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

If you get a CanOBDII scan tool off ebay, it should come with a USB cord and a CD-ROM. The computer program for it is pretty comprehensive. You can make a printout of it.
I don't know anything about the OBDIII scan tools out there...
Old May 8th, 2009, 4:22 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea , thats what I have now, but ,my software is more for logging records n such.

I downloaded the demo from the site I linked in this thread, looks pretty good , even has a dyno.