Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Dire Straits with A/C control

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2008, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dire Straits with A/C control

I have a 2007 Silverado 2500. When the a/c is on it will automatically turn the heater on. Not hot air but heated air. I can turn the engine off, and start right back up again and the a/c will be fine for another mile or two, then it happens again.
Used to happen every 6mths, then every mth, now it seeems every mile. Any response will be greatly appreciated

Kyle
Old September 19th, 2008, 5:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dire Straits with A/C control

ORIGINAL: kyle16284

I have a 2007 Silverado 2500. When the a/c is on it will automatically turn the heater on. Not hot air but heated air. I can turn the engine off, and start right back up again and the a/c will be fine for another mile or two, then it happens again.
Used to happen every 6mths, then every mth, now it seeems every mile. Any response will be greatly appreciated

Kyle
There's a baffle that re-directs the air betweenthe heater core and the A/C coil.Check to see if that baffle/flap is operating.You may have to go digging under the dash to see if flap is working. Sounds likea vacuum hose leak that's getting worst.