Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

electrical?

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2008, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical?

I have a 91 2500 4x4 with a 5.7. The other day I was driving and it quit running like I had shut the key off. I didnt have any spark at the coil and have been needing a tuneup for awhile so today I change the plugs, wires ,cap,rotor, coil ang ign module. Still doesnt start and still no fire.What am I missing?
Old March 17th, 2008, 6:31 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: electrical?

check all the fuses to start.....if you have access to a scan tool, see if there are any codes stored in the ecm. Then with the scan tool, see if there is data from the crank sensor while cranking.
Old March 17th, 2008, 6:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: electrical?

If its 5.7 then it's either TPI to LT1, I have a feeling your computer might be to blame. If you know any mechanics, see if they will come to your house with a scan tool. If it is OBD1 you can do it your self. When your looking at your computer plug in terminal which is located under ther dash, take a paperclip and cross the top and bottom far right inlets which should be ground and serial data. Look at your check engine light, and you should see it blink. If there are not problems you will see it blinking in the order"1...1.2...1...1.2...1...1.2..."ect. Ifit doesn't blink at all, than your computer is toast. Anything else and its displaying trouble codes. Try thatand see what happens