Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Emission parameters

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2010, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emission parameters

In the UK I own a 1998 Damon Challenger RV with a 454 engine Vin=J, I have been told it is built to Californian emission spec. In the UK it is failing it's yearly MOT ( a certificate of road worthyness) because of it's emission test results. - the test result show a high CO and lambda reading based on the emissions analyser's default settings for this vehicle's class and year. The engine appears to be running perfectly with no faults found.

Can anyone tell me what the HC, CO and lambda readings would be on a perfectly good 454 engine of a similar year? or is there an archive where this information can be looked up? If I can prove this engine is not capable of meeting the emission requirements by it's design It becomes exempt of any emissions test - if however another set of readings are vastly different to my own I know there's a problem somewhere.
There aren't many of these things in the UK so difficult to find others to compare with!
Thanks

Last edited by DMGit; March 14th, 2010 at 2:48 PM.