Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Exhaust Manifold Repair

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2014, 1:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust Manifold Repair

Well when I tore down my engine for the head gasket replacement I removed the heat shields from the exhaust manifolds because they were coming apart and found that one of the manifolds was cracked badly, so badly that the manifold was almost in two pieces.

Since I am a poor country boy with a limited budget I got to looking online and found a product that claims to be able to Weld cracks and holes in iron and steel and can withstand 2400 degrees Fahrenheit so I figured $11 versus the cost of a new manifold or headers is worth trying. It is Blue Magic 18003 Quicksteel, just wondering if anyone has used it before and if so what you thought about it?
Old March 11th, 2014, 2:45 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I am not familiar with the product, its very possible it will work but it will only be temporary and will only last a few weeks to maybe a couple of months top....
It may be able to stand the heat but the repeated heating and cooling will take its toll, and the product will not be able to stay bonded....