Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

fuel pump problem

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2006, 3:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump problem

Hello,
I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoo with 120,000miles and the fuel pump is not working. I am not getting constant pressure and at times no pressure. Before I replace the fuel pump I wanted to see if there is a sensor that would be causing this to happen?
Thanks.
Jason
Old October 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: fuel pump problem

hi, I also have a Dodge van that had a similar problem. it should be somewhat similar, there is a crnkshaft sensor and cam sensor common fed from computer. if the voltage is low they won't let the relay kick in for the fuel pump. check your fuel pump relay it should have 12 volts to the coil with the key on. if you hve low votage to your sensors check the capacitors in the computer(easy) and replace. fuel pump may be bad but it sounds like maybe what I said or a bad relay, either way it's easy to fix either even computer and will save you a ton of money. good luck!
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:03 PM
CF Junior Member

I also had irregular pressure and another thing is I got noisy fuel pumps. I tried bypassing the fuel pump relay but still the problem persists. Seems my fuel filter is also plugged. A failing pump is what I also suspect. Need to shed out a few bucks again [].
Old October 14th, 2006, 9:59 AM
CF Active Member

new fuel pump..big $$$$