Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

fueling issues

Old February 5th, 2007, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fueling issues

I have a 2002 K2500 Suburban 4x4 with 66000 miles on it. I am trouble fueling the truck. I can never use the click to hold lever at the fuel pump without the pump shutting off in about 5 seconds. If I hold the pump handle just right I can get about 22 gallons in the thing or close to 3/4 full from a empty tank. Onceit reaches that mark it just keeps clicking off like its full when I know its not. It has been to the local dealership and they have replaced the canister and tank vent valve at my expense without and resolution to my problem. Next they put a new tank in under an emissions warranty without change to my problem. I searched alldata and found a TSB which was identical to my problem and the chevy mechanics state that that TSB doesnt correct the problem. My service writer is willing to do the repairs described in the TSB for free since we have been through all of this other stuff without a fix and just to rule out all possibilities. So now I am waiting for the parts to come in andI am here asking if anybody else has experienced similar problems or know of any fix. Thanks.