Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2006, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default garage door opener

Car----2007 Monte SS
I followed the programming in the book to the letter. Pushing the 2 outside buttons for 20 seconds till the led flashes and then pushing the learn button on my craftsman grarge door opener which is about 3 yrs old.. then pushed the button 2seconds for 3 times. I got nothing
I tryed clearing and restatring over many times I even put the car in the garage and and reached through the sun roof to hit the learn button on the openner with no luck... tryed pushing both at the same time no luck.... Craftsman book had the same instuctions on who to teach the openner also.... Any Ideas?
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: garage door opener

Ok, I figured out how to program the home link.......First clear it pushing the 2 outer buttons for about 20 seconds till the lite blinks.
Then here is the weird part take the old remote that you use for your garage door opener and hold it next to the home link in the car.
push the button on your old remote then the button on the home link. the home link will flash slow then quickly (about 10 sec).
Now go push the learn button on the main door unit then back to the car and push the home link again for 2 seconds.
WA--LA!!! done.
The chevy manual gets abit confusing.
[sm=yeahsmile.gif]