Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Guages, windows, radio stopped working

Old February 20th, 2017, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guages, windows, radio stopped working

I have a 2004 chevrolet silverado 1500. I was going down the road and noticed the gauges had quit working except spedometer and tach. Then I noticed windows, door locks and radio quit working. The battery light, abs,and a car with a lock symbol was on. When I got home I turned truck off. Thought I would see what happened when I turned the key on without starting and everything worked except the gauges which I figured was normal since the engine wasn't running. Any ideas.
Old February 20th, 2017, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Edit:wife went to store and on the way back the speedometer and tach quit working .
Old February 26th, 2017, 6:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed

got lucky. Took instrumentcluster out and since it was easy took the radio out. Checked all the wires seemed okay. Then I cleaned all connections and put dielectric grease on everything plugged it all back in and everything worked. It's only been two days but do far so good.
Old February 26th, 2017, 6:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed

got lucky. Took instrumentcluster out and since it was easy took the radio out. Checked all the wires seemed okay. Then I cleaned all connections and put dielectric grease on everything plugged it all back in and everything worked. It's only been two days but do far so good.
Old March 4th, 2017, 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default Not fixed

Lasted about half way to work and problems came back. Last night unplugged harness from cluster took my test light and checked each connection when I got to the Ipc class 2 serial data connection radio started working and the 4x4 light came on.plugged cluster in and everything worked. Unplugged cluster again put test light back on the ipc class 2 and everything quit working and the light on the test light was real dim. Took light out and it started working again. Does anyone have any ideas

Search this Thread