Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

heater/fan switch prob

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2008, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater/fan switch prob

It's an 03 silverado. Last year the heater didn't work on the 1 setting,I didn't think muck about it.
About 1 month ago 1-2&3 went out and only 4 /5 work. I pulled the moduela form the back of the switch and called my local chevy stealer. Theysaid 3-400 bucks!!!! I told them I had the part out and they then told me I'd have to replace the whole cluster.
That is the same $h1t I got last year when my speedo went out. I then ordered the sensor online and replaced it myself. I argued with them it was a problem. Thier response was they hadn't seen thsi, I offered to bring it in but never was contacted. The said 4-500 to replace the speedo cluster, I ordered 2 sensore and did it for 30 bucks...whats aholes. The I get a letter form GM that there MAY be a speedo prob...DUHHHHHHHH.
Anyway the part comes off the back of thefan switch and has a number of00337721.The plug has 5 prongs that plug into the back
Anyhelp is greatly appreciated

thanks

Mace