Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Help!!! Major wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2009, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Major wiring problems

i have a 95 chevrolet 1/2 silverado Z71 for my DD. about 3 months ago the ABS light started coming on and off frequently and didnt think to much of it then one day i noticed that when the ABS light is on i dont have cruise control, no blower motor for the heat or air,and my truck will not shift into overdrive. Now then the light comes on and stay on for a week or so then off for a week or so then back on and so on! i recently put on a remote start about 6 months prior to know and had it unhooked today but the light is still on! any suggestions?
Old April 9th, 2009, 5:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Unfortunately, remote starter add-on kits do have a tendency to cause problems with the later GM products,(the reason I never got one) but you may have some other problem entirely. Hopefully you've got an owner's manual. Hidden in the back there's a section on the THREE(actually four, but we won't get into that right now)fuse-box, and breaker terminal panels for your truck.

Check out anything labeled for your CC, and other systems you're having trouble with carefully.

Then start checking carefully under your dash for any loos wiring or bad grounds.

Welcome to the club, we're giving out jackets, I'm trying to find my power window wiring problem as we speak. Mines an 04 Silverado, but I'm not taking any chances, the negative battery cable and the engine to firewall ground strap were the first things to go. When your cables start going bad, many times they start shutting down systems in your vehicle, one by one, by denying a solid ground path to the circuit.
Old April 9th, 2009, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

well i went to the place that did the install for the remote start and had them unplug the power supply to the brain of the starter. and the light was still on as of now! so all there wires are still in the harneses but should not be pulling anything from them so i dont know whats going on! i will check the grounds and post my finds! Thanks
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:57 PM
CF Beginner

ok well i think that i have got it figured out but... i believe that it is a ground problem after some research all my problems are seem to have the same ground. now then my problem is trying to find this ground wire. didnt know if anyone had any suggestions? i could really use the help!