Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

how do find out what your engine origenly came out of

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2011, 2:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do find out what your engine origenly came out of

hay guys would any one be able to tell me how i would find out what my 350 chev engine origenly came out of
Old July 16th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two number series to look at.The casting numbers on the ledge at the back of the engine above the bellhousing will give you info about a range of what the short block is.There are casting numbers on the heads by the rocker arms that will do the same.The reason why I am separating each one is it not being a new rebuild crate,you don't know if someone did something differently over the yrs of what the block casting is.

On the passenger side in front is a stamped number on a pad below that side head.That number gives you build dates,where built,and general info on what the engine was installed in.Some start with "V".Get that and either post it here or do a search on the net.I have lost that ref,but if you post it here,I am pretty sure someone will chime in to help out.