Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

How to program keyless remote

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2010, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need to program keyless for 2006 malibu any one know?
Old March 10th, 2010, 6:17 PM
CF Active Member

You can try it, but I think that newer vehicles require the remote to be programmed by the dealer.
Old March 11th, 2010, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default program

hi i just wanna know how to program? key remote for chevy malibu 07 please help
Old March 11th, 2010, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

hi i just wanna know how to program a key remote for chevy malibu 07
Old April 10th, 2010, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Chevy Cobalt coupe

The instructions that were given before, will that also work for a cobalt? I read some where else online and it said that it will need to be programmed at the dealer and the dealer told me I can probably find the instructions online. Please help thanks.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

I tried this on my 2003 silverado .the remote only works while i'm sitting in the seat.or while i'm standing with the door open. When i close the door and try to lock or unlock the door it doesn't work.
Old May 16th, 2011, 4:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by jaydesir
hi i just wanna know how to program? key remote for chevy malibu 07 please help
It has to be programmed with the tech2 scanner you need to go the dealer.

CC
Old May 16th, 2011, 4:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by nfoucht
will this work on a Chevy Colorado 2007?
It has to be programmed with the tech2 scanner you need to go the dealer.
CC
Old January 4th, 2012, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 cobalt my remotes is only unlocking but not locking. Can some tell if can reprogram my remotes?
Old January 4th, 2012, 8:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Only Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters programmed to the vehicle will work. If a transmitter is lost or stolen, a replacement can be purchased and programmed through your dealer/retailer. When the replacement transmitter is programmed to the vehicle, all remaining transmitters must also be programmed. Any lost or stolen transmitters no longer work once the new transmitter is programmed. Each vehicle can have up to four transmitters programmed to it.

Note: If your vehicle has power locks, it will have the delayed locking feature.

This feature will delay the actual locking of the doors for up to five seconds when the power door lock switch or remote keyless entry transmitter is used to lock the vehicle.

If any door is open when locking the vehicle, three chimes will sound signaling that the delayed locking feature is active. Five seconds after the last door is closed, all of the doors will lock and the turn signal lamps will flash. To cancel the delay and lock the doors immediately, press the lock button a second time.

This feature will not lock the doors if the key is in the ignition.

For your reference, this information is also available in the owner's manual on pages 3-5 and 3-10.

A digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...balt_coupe.pdf

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: How to program keyless remote