Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

im andy and i know as much about my astro van as i do spelling

Old August 20th, 2014, 12:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im andy and i know as much about my astro van as i do spelling

hello i am andy. first post cant spell or type. well i have a 2001 astro van.11500 miles never been tuned up . after i did it i know why.replaced the fule filter.when u start it up it idles fine . when you try to go faster that idle it bogs down.oh the 6 cyl. vorteck .after a min. it starts runing fine . if you try to go fast after start up it is bogged down and backfires. but will not throw a code, even if you have drove for 30 mins and stop to get a coke and turn it off it does the same thing .please help im lost thank you .
Old August 20th, 2014, 12:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Did you do a tune up or just replace the fuel filter? Did it do the same thing before you did any work?
Old August 22nd, 2014, 2:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i replaced the plugs cap and rotor. still had same problem it did be for i tuned it up . did not replace wires. then did fuel filter.still has same issue. yes it did the same thing be for i tuned it up.did same thing after filter.next i'll try fuel pressure.thank you for responding.and thank you for any sug. took a wile for me to figure out how to check if i had replies. well thank you .

Last edited by andy419; August 23rd, 2014 at 1:28 PM.