Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Information

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Information

I just wanted to give everyone 2 place where you can get repair information and repair help. First one is All Data online I think the site is www.alldata.com. It is a exact copy of the factory service manual available for every make and model. You can look up repair procedures, diagnostic testing procedures by code number or symptom, labor times,TSB and recalls. Also it has maintenance schedules and fluid types and capacities. It is one of the 2 programs most independent repair shops use.

The next one is International Automotive Technical Network. www.IATN.net. It is kind of a forum where Techs can post problems and get help for others that have experienced the same issues. It is a knowledge data base. Very useful has helped me many times.

I am not affiliated with either site but I thought I would share this as they are very helpful "tools".
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an account at alldata its alldatadiy.com and Mdtahoes's right it's a really good website!
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't used Alldata (maybe years ago), I am more familiar with Mitchell On-Demand. Anyone used both please share your experiences.. which is better? Planning on going with either one at some point.
Old June 5th, 2009, 1:57 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I am sticking with my free one (well not free really) from my old work login for now, but if my account ever gets deleted I would have to go with All Data, good info. I guess I am lucky that the one I use now has all vehicles from 1945 to current. All Data is just one vehilce for about $25 a year. Unless you want to pay a huge buisness fee and ge them all from AD.
Old June 5th, 2009, 8:35 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have used mitchel on demand for years and I find it very easy to use. I have not tried alldata though.