Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Information on Using I-Pod & Memory Stick for Factoy Installed Radio

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am also facing the problem with USB.I can't even get the car to recognize that it has a USB drive plugged in.
Old March 21st, 2012, 5:07 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Johnnyson,

What is the year and model of vehicle you are having trouble with the USB recognition? What USB device are you using?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 21st, 2014, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default ipod prong broke off in dash

My little boy brook my ipod prong off the adapter in the dash, then my father in law tried to get it out with needle nose pliers and really fouled up the little dash hole....does anyone know this part number or if this one piece can be replaced?
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Default there is now a way

you want to upgrade to a touch screen stereo that has all the features
Walmart online has this thing called GM factory stereo relocate that cost about $50 it is a module that plugs into the radio harness and has labled wires also normal color coded to hook to your new stereo and a long semi flat cable to relocate your gm stereo to under the second row seat or in a truck behind the seat if you do not have a crew cab you will not have any problems with onstar or missing the computer connection from the stereo
Attached Thumbnails Information on Using I-Pod &amp; Memory Stick for Factoy Installed Radio-0001233980022_p321146_180x180.jpg  
Old November 2nd, 2015, 1:20 AM
CF Beginner

I uses BestBuy music stores to get all information about the music