04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Oil Pan Replacement
Oil Pump, Screen, and Crankshaft Oil Deflector Replacement
- Remove the oil level indicator tube.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the engine oil and the engine oil filter.
- Remove the oil filter adapter.
- Remove the starter.
- Remove the engine mount through bolts.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Note the location of any studs to assist reassembly.
- Remove the engine oil pan and the oil pan gasket.
- Clean all the sealing surfaces.
- Remove the engine oil pan.
- Remove the oil pump.
- A loose oil pump screen or pipe assembly can result in an air leak and loss of oil pressure.
- If the tube is loose in the oil pump body replace the oil pump screen.
Important: Install a NEW oil pump driveshaft retainer.
- Install the oil pump and the crankshaft oil deflector.
- Install the engine oil pan.
If you have a question, ask it in the forums. I will no longer be answering questions sent to my email.
Last edited by shawnvw; 04-23-2009 at 03:54 PM.