Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

knock sensor and temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2008, 2:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock sensor and temp sensor

hey, question is. I got a 1995 S-10 ZR2 4.3 W, Where is the knock sensor located? The reason why I ask is, when I start my truck after it has cold down for 7 + hours I have a knock i let it idle for a few minutes and it goes away, I figure if it was something real serious internal I would have a knock constantly. But when i drive I hear a very soft constant ticking. I do have a coolant leak somewhere and some posted I might need a new intake manifold gasket.

Second question I believe I found the problem for my temperature gauge not working. I think it is the temp. sensor i found an unpluged wire by the egr and the wire from the sensor I believe but not sure coming from top behind water pump that has been cut. Maybe I forgot to reconnect one time when cleaning the egr. what is the easiest way on removing the temp sensor and does the temp sensor come with wires?