Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Lift kit and tire sizes

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2017, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit and tire sizes

I am going to be buying a 2000- 2007 2500 hd duramax. I want to lift it to be able to go offroading and have fun but still be able to pull my camper, and trailers with cars and atvs on them. I am wanting to get a 6 inch skyjacker suspension lift kit and put 37 inch tires on it. Would I still be able to haul my camper and other trailers safely and without Hassle (obviously not both camper and car/toy hauler at the same time). If not what is a size of lift kit and tires I would be able to put on my truck and still be able to enjoy offloading.

another side question what would yall recomend width wise for the tires just because I'm getting alot of different sayings on widths and all that stuff. I used to drive a jeep and had 33x10.50s on it and seemed fine. I figured putting either 37x12.50s or 35x12.50s talking to other people they said those sizzle tires would be too thin. Like I said I'd like some more opinions hopefully some Profesional opinions and advice so I can enjoy off roading but still be able to haul my camper or toy/car holder. Thanks