Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Lifting a G20 van

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2015, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting a G20 van

I have a 95 G20 that I do a lot of traveling in. I spend a lot of time in the Rockies and love taking old gravel mining roads and doing a lot of exploring. Let's face I'm in the wrong vehicle for off-roading, but in a great vehicle for camping and sleeping. There are a couple companies out there that do 4x4 conversions for full sized conversion vans but they are very pricy. I don't want to go the 4wheel drive route at this point. However I would like to lift my van slightly to fit some 31"s on it. If I could just lift it a couple inches I could prevent bottoming out and scraping my hitch. I was thinking of doing a 2inch block lift in the rear and a coil spacer lift in the front. I do not know if this can be done or not? I have googled lift kits for my year van and there is nothing out there except 4 wheel drive kits. The things I would like to do to gain some ground clearance are: remove the running boards, add 2" blocks in the rear, add 2" coil spacers in front, install 31" all terrain tires, install better struts. I also want to install a crash bar with a winch, because I will be getting stuck with 2 wheel drive. Wondering if anyone has done this with the older unibody G20 vans? My fear is that I will not be able to properly align the front end after installing coil spring spacers. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 29th, 2017, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiscokid
I have a 95 G20 that I do a lot of traveling in. I spend a lot of time in the Rockies and love taking old gravel mining roads and doing a lot of exploring. Let's face I'm in the wrong vehicle for off-roading, but in a great vehicle for camping and sleeping. There are a couple companies out there that do 4x4 conversions for full sized conversion vans but they are very pricy. I don't want to go the 4wheel drive route at this point. However I would like to lift my van slightly to fit some 31"s on it. If I could just lift it a couple inches I could prevent bottoming out and scraping my hitch. I was thinking of doing a 2inch block lift in the rear and a coil spacer lift in the front. I do not know if this can be done or not? I have googled lift kits for my year van and there is nothing out there except 4 wheel drive kits. The things I would like to do to gain some ground clearance are: remove the running boards, add 2" blocks in the rear, add 2" coil spacers in front, install 31" all terrain tires, install better struts. I also want to install a crash bar with a winch, because I will be getting stuck with 2 wheel drive. Wondering if anyone has done this with the older unibody G20 vans? My fear is that I will not be able to properly align the front end after installing coil spring spacers. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever accomplish this lift situation? I have a '93 and have been trying to do the same, look for a lift kit and realizing they don't exist. I am now looking for alternative solutions. I just want to add about 3" overall. Any luck, advice?