Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Malfunctioning alarm system

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2014, 12:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Malfunctioning alarm system

Furious with my Uplander. The alarm decided to go off for no reason several times in one night and I had to pull the fuse on the horn. The alarm did not go off after that...until today. The dang lights started flashing for no reason and I CAN'T STOP IT!!!! All night long they flashed. Sometimes they'd stop for a minute, then start again. I know I'm not alone in this and it is maddening that GM refuses to pay for the repair to an, obviously, manufacturer defect. SAFETY ISSUE HERE!! I cannot use my horn until the alarm problem is solved. Cannot find any instruction on disabling the alarm. If my battery gets drained by this I will go beyond furious. We are a low income family. I cannot afford to waste money fixing a stupid and unnecessary problem. Now I have to find someone open on a Saturday and spend my prescription money on this stupid van. I contacted GM over this and they will not pay for this and an apology won't stop it. At least the horn won't keep people up, right? NEVER again will I buy a GM vehicle.