Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Mirror/OnStar lights flicker...

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2007, 1:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror/OnStar lights flicker...

Hi all! I have an 03 Silverado 2500HD Diesel and I have a small problem. The truck is equiped with Onstar but it does not work. Not only does OnStar not work but the lights on the mirror (for the onstar buttons) flicker on and off. The autodimming work, the compas and temp display work, but the onstar button does nothing when presses. No other lights such as dash or radio lights have this problem.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Would a new mirror do the trick or is this something else electrical I need to get checked out?
Old September 16th, 2007, 1:58 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Mirror/OnStar lights flicker...

i'd say about 99% of the time when something is wrong with ur onstar its ur vehicle communication interface module. if u don't wanna mess with it just pull out the onstar fuse.
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

do you know if this is an OnStar issue or a general hardware issue such as the miror being faulty? Also, where can I find the fuse that controls the onstar? I have searched but have come up empty handed.
Thanks
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:52 AM
CF Active Member

it's possible that the mirror could be faulty but it's not likely. the onstar fuse is located in the underhood fuse block and it's the 15A info fuse. the only way to really diag. it is to have a scanner that can read body codes and see if it has a code for onstar.
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

I have been having this exact same problem for about a year now. I noticed that the "green" LED to the right of the OnStar buttons turned "red" and is now completely off. I've been searching for an answer to this problem for just as long. Thanks for the info.

Old September 18th, 2007, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Ultimately I would like my OnStar to work, but untill I get it working I will pull the fuse and see if that stops the flickering.