Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Tire Pressure Monitor

Old September 20th, 2009, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tire Pressure Monitor

I purchased my Chev Colorado 20 mo's ago and at that time I had custom tires & wheels installed. 10,000 miles later, my ("serv tpm) displays on the inst. panel. The dealer checked each wheel with some gadget and determined that there was a defective sensor in one wheel and that the replacement was NOT covered under factory warrant and that it is going to cost me 125.00. I think they are trying to rip me off because there was no problem for 20 months/10,000 mi. A local tire/wheel dealer (the largest in the county) said the wheel itself will not such a problem. Opinons, Please
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Seems GM spent it's last few years trying to force the few loyal customers it had to constant service stops at the dealer with proprietary indicators on the dash. That's why ALL the OBDII monitors are hooked up to one idiot light.

Check your tire pressure regularly, and cover or ignore it. Unless you want to be stuck in the spiraling expense of doing it the GM way.