Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

No Start - Getting DTC B1380

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2011, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start - Getting DTC B1380

Tech2 scan comes up with DTC B1380. No other codes at this point. Is anyone familiar with this DTC B1380 condition? Happening on my 2005 Uplander. No start condition - Turn the key and nothing happens. Hear the fuel pump run. The P indicator light stays on even when the key is out of the ignition. Appreciate any feedback on this.
Old January 31st, 2011, 3:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey there najimro,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

You can google most trouble codes, but try something low tech, also.

Your vehicle is coming of age for it's first no charge issue. The battery may be

going dead,(if it's original)the battery cables may be getting corroded, or the

battery terminal bolts on your battery may just be corroded or loose.

Pull your bolts and replace them. Carefully inspect your cables.(don't just glance at them)

Have your battery tested. Best of luck, and enjoy the New Year!
Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for responding. The battery is new. There is another strange issue to mention - the parking (P) indicator light on the dash will not go off even with the key out of the ignition. I did find snow and water seeping inside under the hood which touched what I think is the IPC Harness mounted on the driver side. I disconnected the BCM and other harness connectors and splice pack and sprayed with CRC. One strange thing is that when I disconnect the effected IPC harness the engine will turn over but understandably not start. Put it back on and the (P) light comes on and it won't crank. I do hear the fuel pump. Any advice would be helpfull.. Regards..
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Just put a fresh transmission in last week and gave the costumer back his 2007 chev uplander.. And it comes back on the tow truck with a no start condition.. B1380 with a no start condition. No blown fuses. Can anyone help out.. Joe Town Transmission..
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor

B1380 is, I believe, related to the security system.

The transponder keys need to be recognized by the anti-theft system or it will not allow the vehicle to start. Not 100% sure the 'P' light is related to this, but it may be.

Each time you try and the start circuit fails, you have to wait until the system cycles(4 minutes I believe)
If you try after 3 minutes 30 seconds, you have to wait the 4 minutes again!

@moreroy this may be a similar issue...I was a dealership for many years and many people would use a different key after a major repair (not a clue as to why) and the first question we asked was if they were using a different key than usual.

Of course, at worst it could be a bad body control module.

Body control module(2005 and 2007 are the same)
2005 Chevrolet Uplander Body Control Module - AC Delco - TheAutoPartsShop - TheAutoPartsShop

After replacement, the module needs programming
Old May 23rd, 2012, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Re: B1380

Thanks for the response.. That makes sense i will try that tommorow and let you know if it work.Tested all circuits and the only code that comes up is B1380. And only when you try to start the vehicle this code comes up. I clear the code in the bcm and leave the key only in the accessory position and the code is not there. Only comes back when you try to crank it over.. So anyways thanks for the help. Will check some more tommorow..
Old May 24th, 2012, 6:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

All this links at the ignition switch, which is activated by the

lock cylinder.

Any possibility you have a heavy keychain hanging from your ignition key?