Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

NP208 Transfer case with mechanical speedo output, but truck has electronic speedo...

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2017, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NP208 Transfer case with mechanical speedo output, but truck has electronic speedo...

Hello all. I am praying someone has the answer to this....

I am working on a 1991 Blazer 1500 Silverado (350, 700R4, 208 transfer case). Due to damage, the transfer case had to be replaced. It was replaced with an older, 208 transfer case with a mechanical speedo output. The speedo in the truck is electronic. Is there an adapter or "pulse generator" that can screw into the mechanical output on the transfer case that plugs into the OEM speedometer to make it work?

I've heard rumors of "plug and play" solutions to this, but I have yet to find one.

I know, I know, 208 is junk..on and on...I'm really just looking to get the speedo working. This truck is a daily driver....I just want the speedo to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!