Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

OBD codes what to replace?

Old December 9th, 2007, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD codes what to replace?

okay I get OBD code P0117, 0118, 0141, and 0480.
I know that this means that 02 Sensor heater circuit malfunction....
and Engine coolant temp circuit low input/ high input and cooling fan 1 control cicuit malfunction
can you please tell me does this mean I need an oxygen sensor and a cooling fan switch?
like please reduce to plain english for me if you would.. I used to work with my boyfriend years ago, before the 90's and this sensor/circuit stuff is a bit much for me to follow with premature alzhimers setting in..
I would be grateful to figure out whatI really need to replace so I don't go over board on the cash flow here... and replace all the wrong parts.. LOL

As far as the car it runs great; no over heating and throws out nice hot air but the check engine light is on and I want it to go away and it keeps throwing out the codes listed above..when i bought it the guy told me before summer gets here to get a fan switch for it,, that means the cooling fan switch, and what is it really called when searching for the part?

even once I clearedthe codes they return the levels on all fluid areon the mark so it has to be sensor related this is after my time..

thanks a bunch to any and all who have a heart to reply.. happy holidays

LINDA D