Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Heating Up and Miss Firing 2016 Trax

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2023, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating Up and Miss Firing 2016 Trax

Hi Shadetree mechanic,

Your thread Heating Up and Miss Firing 2016 Trax has been removed by a moderator for the following reason:
duplicate

We have included your original post below:
Well I would like some help figuring out what is going on with my Chevy Trax. Just a quick recap of the things I have done, and I am not just a part changer, however these parts were bad or worn out and needed replacement. I have replaced the catalytic converter, thermostate housing with new thermostat, installed a pcv bypass kit, valve cover, turbo charger. Now the problem I am experiencing is the car is getting hot after driving for a while causing the overheating symbol to come on in my dash and this is running with my Air Conditiong on and the radiator cooling fan running, when I run without the a/c the fan does not come on at all, which I have ordered both of the cooling sensors to replace them. I have used my scanner on the car and it is showing the radiator cooling sensor not increasing or decreasing but a degree. I started the car up this morning and it started missing badly on number 1 cylinder and number 2 cylinder not as bad, however when I increased the rpm the miss would go away. Also when looking under the hood with this problem I herd a hissing sound like a vacuum leak and found it to be coming out of number 1 fuel injector, not sure if it is vacuum or pressure, but when I pushed down on the injector the sound would stop. I have been leaning toward this being a head gasket or head or block, just not sure. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.