Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

P0036, P0054, & P0141, almost stalled and blackout

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2012, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question P0036, P0054, & P0141, almost stalled and blackout

OK so I'm driving along at about 60 Mph when everything in my 2007 NNBS Silverado went black and lost power just for a second. The engine seemed to die but stayed running but all the lights went out, even blacked out the stereo to the point I had to reset the clock. When I got home I checked it with my scanner and got DTC's P0036, P0141 and P0054? Tried clearing and the P0036 will not. The P0141 also comes back after a short drive. These DTC''s have something to do with the Oxygen sensor 2 Bank 1. Could this have caused the truck to black out and almost shutdown on the highway?

Thanks!
Old March 2nd, 2012, 8:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> deepstuff,

A cylinder may be misfiring. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take to vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

Question

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> deepstuff,

A cylinder may be misfiring. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to take to vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Why would one misfiring cylinder cause my truck to shutdown and drain all electrical power for a split second on the highway? This, to the point where I had to re-set the time on my clock?
Old March 4th, 2012, 2:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I apologize, I misread your post. Initially, I was referring to the P0036 code, referring to loss of engine power, but now see that you stated that "the engine seemed to die but stayed running but all the lights went out…" Again, it was only a suggestion, not a diagnosis. Did the check engine light come on? Has this occurred more than once or was it a random occurrence?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 6th, 2012, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Question

OK, I then started having trouble starting the truck. Sometimes it would be fine, sometimes it hesitated to roll over and sometimes it took ten tries.

Tested battery and it was at the lower limit of good so changed it. Truck was good for a week. Today it started hesitating when starting and reset the clock again.

I've read somewhere that other people had trouble with the battery cables and Positive lug connection. - I'll try that next I guess?