Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Passlock / Security

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2009, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passlock / Security

I have been reading this Forum most of the day and have to say I cant quite get to the bottom of my problem.

I replaced the turnsignal switch in my 99 blazer today, also had the ignition tumbler out in the process. Now that the work is done the truck wont start. If I dribble gas into the throttle body it will run until the gas is consumed. I cant hear the fuel pump run, only the IAC.

I have tried the pass lock relearn procedure twice but still have not been able to get the truck to start. The security light is on solid and does not go out during the relearn process. The interior lights do not come on, I also have the fuse pulled for the airbags. I have pulled and reseated the connector on the ignition tumbler as well.

The last thing I tried was paying an online GM tech; he is going to research it and get back with me tomorrow. I really need to get this thing going again so I can get to work. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Old May 24th, 2009, 9:03 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Does it start then stall immediately? or does it just not start?
preliminary checks would start at fuses. Make sure you didn't accidentally pop one.