Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Pinout -> Wire Colors

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2008, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinout -> Wire Colors

I have a 2004 Blazer. The radio was recently stolen and they cut the wire harness out as well. I bought a new stock radio (Delco AM/FM/FM2/CD/AUX # 15850275) and a metra wire harness to replace it but the wire colors are all completely different and the guide that came with it does not match my car correctly. I have managed to get the radio working through a lot of research online and trial and error. One thing I cant get working is the lights for the buttons. Off the top of my head, I am fairly certain there are 3 wires I have not used yet on the the blazer...a purple/white, 1 (of 3) gray, and the antenna ground (dont have a power antenna so didnt think it mattered). I am not sure what the purple white one does, only that I know I used it when I hooked up an immobolizer bypass when I previously had an aftermarket stereo installed. Basically I am looking for the wire color information for the 24 pin blazer wire harness. This is the information I have thus far and hope its all correct:

Pin / Func / Color
A1 Class2A
A2 Class2B
A3 RSA Enable
A4 FM Det+
A5 Ant.Gnd Black
A6 RUI Ref Out
A7 RUI1
A8 LF+ Tan
A9 LF- Gray(1 of 3)
A10 RR- Dark Blue
A11 RR+ Light Blue
A12 GND Black

B1 Battery Orange
B2 Ignition Dark Green
B3 SW 12v Out
B4 DIM+
B5 N/C
B6 Amp Mute
B7 RUI2
B8 LR+ Brown
B9 LR- Yellow
B10 RF- Dark Green
B11 RF+ Light Green
B12 Park

I am assuming the DIM+ is one of the 2 thinner gray wires but I am not sure. My best guess is the SW 12v Out or the Park is the purple/white wire as I know it has some importance with the security/immobilizer function of the vehicle.

If you can provide the rest of the coloring information I would be very appreciative.