Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

popping fuses but all my wires seem good

Old May 24th, 2012, 12:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default popping fuses but all my wires seem good

hey everyone,

so i've gotten my other truck issues sorted out, but now i've got another issue. since putting in the steering column in my 81 chevy half ton, i'm popping fuses. my stop/hazard fuse and also my dash light fuse. i've gone over all the wiring and everything seems intact and not crossed anywhere, so i'm really confused as to why they are popping. i know one of my dash lights is burnt out, or is possibly loose in the socket, it being loose i could see potentially popping the fuse, but not if its burnt out. and also i think 2 of my hazard lights and possibly one in my brake lights is burnt, would that also cause fuses to pop? or do i potentially have some wires crossed somewhere that i have not seen?

please note that during my steering column removal/install i did not touch any wiring other then what was plugged into the column, and replaced what was plugged in exactly where it went.

if you have any tips on how i can find the issue it would be greatly appreciated. as i would like to be able to drive my truck at night and be able to see my speedo, and have brake lights so no-one hits me from behind.