Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Radio Speakers cut out on Drivers Side

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2012, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Speakers cut out on Drivers Side

I have a 2007 Suburban with (what I call) the standard radio/CD player that comes in a Chevy Truck/Suburban.
The speakers started cutting out on the Drivers Side and finally.... just quit working. The small "tweeter" speaker mounted up in the blindspot bu the windshield works on that side, but the door speakers are both out.
Does anyone know if there is a short in a common place? Channel out on the radio? I guess I am looking for something I can fix and hopefully it is easy. ANY suggestions appreciated!!!!!
Old January 25th, 2012, 3:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> lancons23,

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration with the radio in your Suburban. The problem could be a crossed wire, or a short. These are just suggestions. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for a physical inspection by a certified technician. They will be able to offer a better diagnosis.

Keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 4th, 2012, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem on my 07 Avalanche. Did you ever find an answer?
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

I have not figured out where or what the problem is. Funny thing, yesterday they came back on!
I have done everything I can without pulling the doors apart and checking wires back there.
I wish someone here could diagnose it for me!!!!!
Old February 14th, 2017, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same issue but with front and back speakers. I replaced the speakers in the front and back. the back ones seem to be fixed now, however the front ones only worked for a few minutes. I was told it was an amp issue and that a new radio would fix the issue because you are able to bypass the amp with an aftermarket radio.
Old February 15th, 2017, 9:55 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know that when Chevy was building RWD police cars, not SUVs, the radio speakers would stop working and it was some wiring issue behind the radio in the dash. The city garage said it was an easy fix but, they sure got tired of messing with those things. Otherwise the chevy Caprice RWD, V8 cars were awesome.