Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2009, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

I just bought my 2005 Tahoe 4x4, 4.8L engine. It seems to have a remote start on it but the dealer told me that its not factory installed because they didn't do that in 2005. My problem is that I have the factory remotes and I pushed the lock button a few times to make sure it was locked and the truck tried to start. It cycled about two times but doesn't seem to want to start. My question is how can I find out what brand the remote starter is or if its GM. The truck appears to be all stock with the exception of the exhaust. I just want to be able to get the right remotes to use the remote start.

Thanks for your help!
Jules
Old June 11th, 2009, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

I have my answer. Its an aftermarket remote starter. I went to an audio place and they looked at it for me. Thanks to all who looked at my dilemma.
Old June 11th, 2009, 8:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I see you are about 30 miles away from me....You didn't go to Sound Station & Security or Audio Adrenaline did you?
They are the jacklegs in our neck of the woods.

BTW, you didn't know anyone in the Slim Jim plant explosion did you?
Old June 13th, 2009, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

No, I didn't know anyone that worked there. I live about 10 minutes from the plant. I also work at WakeMed part time but I was off that night thank goodness...it was a mad house there from what I was told. I went to the audio place in Smithfield. He was rude. I then went to Radio Active in Garner, but they don't sell the brand I have. I found out what brand it is. The guy at Radio Active said it was a Directed product called Your Valet. I don't know what model number it is but I do know what the remotes look like. I am just trying to find a decent price, and the one in Smithfield wanted about 70 bucks for a remote. I found one on Ebay for $24.95 but it doesn't specify if its new or used. Do you know anyplace to go? I went by Creative Acoustics and they have a sign that said they are a dealer of Directed products specifically the Valet line. But they are closed on the weekends now so I can't find out what they carry until next week.
Old June 13th, 2009, 6:31 PM
CF Monarch

That guy at sound station can be an ******* when he want to.. Which is pretty much all the time.
Old June 14th, 2009, 6:20 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful calling out a business Brent, I'm sure your assessment is correct, but I would hate to see you sued for slander.
Old June 14th, 2009, 5:20 PM
CF Monarch

You're right... But he didn't pay me for 6 months for a 15 grand hvac job... Lol
Old June 14th, 2009, 7:36 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, in that case all's fair. LOL