Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

rough idle????

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough idle????

I have a 1995 GMC Safari (it's my work van) It has a 4.3 V6. This is a high milage vehicle, but the engine seems to have plenty of power, starts fine and runs smooth. My problem is that once I get going, It developes a rough idle. It has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil change with some treatment (i forget which?) and I have run gunk and chevron fuel system cleaners (in that order). I have also replaced the fuel filter. It was recommended to use BG44K Fuel conditioner, which I have yet to do, but I plan on it with my next fill up. Is there anything else I should look into? Thank you very much for any help, I am giving this van to my pregnant sister and her husband in a couple weeks and I want it to be "tip top" for them. Thanks again -Dylan
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rough idle????

P.S. I had the Cat removed and got all new straight pipe with a new OEM muffler...