Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Seat Heaters won't stay on??

Old December 24th, 2007, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Heaters won't stay on??

I have a 2003 Suburban and the wife is on me to fix her seat heaters.....

They turn on fine, but then shut off. I haven't dug very deep yet, but can hear a clicking under the drivers seat when they go off. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks and I look forward to hanging around the board!!!
Old December 24th, 2007, 5:47 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Seat Heaters won't stay on??

does the passenger side work? u prolly have a heat element on the drivers side burnt up. i've replaced many of these. most of the time they r in the seat cushion.
Old December 25th, 2007, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: John86

does the passenger side work? u prolly have a heat element on the drivers side burnt up. i've replaced many of these. most of the time they r in the seat cushion.
Neither one will work. They will both come on, then you hear a click under the drivers seat and they go off.
Old December 26th, 2007, 4:56 PM
CF Active Member

does ur seat memory still operate?
Old January 3rd, 2008, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with the same problem. My seat memory still works fine. The dealership told me my element was bad, but the problem started at the exact time with both seats. And they cycle off after 30 seconds, so I can just keep turning them on and the seats will get very hot.

Dealership wanted to replace both seats to "fix" the problem. No thanks.

Any help on diagnosing the problem better would be great.
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: 2004TahoeZ71
Dealership wanted to replace both seats to "fix" the problem. No thanks.
I have a 2005 Suburban and have recently started to have the same problem. If replacing the seats is the only option who's to say that it won't happen again just b/c the seats are newer. BTW, does anyone know how much it cost to replace the seats. Or if there is a fix other than replacing them.

Thank you,

Sue~
Old February 28th, 2012, 7:50 PM
CF Beginner

Just bought a 2005 Yukon XL and I just started having this problem exactly as described above. Has anyone had any luck fixing this problem yet? Of course they worked fine yesterday and this morning and this afternoon I drove the truck home and both seats cycle off after 30 seconds, after getting warm. I hear the clicking and they shut off. is there a relay timer or something else easy to fix or has anyone changed seat heater elements with any luck.
Old February 28th, 2012, 7:54 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks!
Old February 29th, 2012, 8:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> af4sos,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with your heated seats in your Yukon. It may be an issue with the adjustable pedal position, seat recliner position sensor or seat thermistors. If any of them fault, it will cause both heated seats to shut off. This is just a suggestion, it is not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in to be inspected by a certified technician. They will be able to offer additional information after a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 1st, 2014, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Bulletin No.: 05-08-50-008
Date: August 19, 2005
TECHNICAL
Subject:
Intermittent Heated Seats Inoperative, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram Driver Seat Module)
Models:
2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali
All with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)
2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)
Condition
Some customers may comment that occasionally the seat heater will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the heated seat will operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the seat heater may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermiffent and DTC B3941 may be set.
Correction
Technicians are to reprogram the driver seat module with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat Heaters won't stay on??