Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Remote Starter problem

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2010, 6:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Starter problem

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2009 Chevy Equinox Sport from my Chevy dealer and it came with a remote starter already factory installed however when the use the remote starter the AC or heat is not on even though I have the **** turned to on. It only turns on once I put the key in the ignition and turn it. Is this normal or is there a problem? The reason I ask is because all my previous vehicles would always have the AC or heat on while the car was started via the remote starter. To me thats the point of the remote starter, to either have the car cooled or heated when you enter it. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
Angelo
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM
CF Junior Member

theres diffrent settings for some remote starters and some are hooked up to diffrent 12+ id guess its hooked up to the wrong +12volt suppley so your temp control isnt getting 12 volts till the key is turned to on postion
Old March 2nd, 2010, 1:23 AM
CF Beginner

Since posting my problem I have noticed that 1 in 10 times the cars heat will work while the remote starter is on. Also let me mention that the times when the heat isnt working the radio if left on is also not working during that time. Does this change your what you think the problem is?

thanks
Angelo