Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

small block motor concern...

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2008, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small block motor concern...

I have a SB 350 engine in my impala. I just installed a new Edelbrock intake and 600 cfm 4 bbl carb a couple months ago. The car startsfine, but I noticed when I back it out of the garage, I feel a slight jerking.Also, when I'mcruising and I slightly press the gas, I feel the same jerking feeling (very slight, but its noticeable). When I hit the gas hard, it accelerates fine with no jerks or hesitation. I thought maybe my carb needed to be tuned. Anything else I should look at?
Old March 17th, 2008, 6:59 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: small block motor concern...

It isn't easy diagnosing over the internet but I'll see what I can do. Can you feel where the jerking is coming from and what kind of jerking is it. Does the jerking change the way the engines running, or is it coming form the engine itself. I take it this wasn't happening before you changed the intake. Is the carburetor new or old, you might have a clogged jet. The bearings in your carb might be clogged too I you don't have a fuel filter.
Old March 19th, 2008, 12:46 AM
rms
CF Junior Member

Default RE: small block motor concern...

check for vacuum leaks