Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Speedometer stuck

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer stuck

Need help with this...2002 Chevy tahoe. Speedometer needle stuck pass 120. I have replaced the Speed sensor...nothing happened. I took off the negative cable to the battery thinking it might zero itself out and nothing. thinking it might be the cluster. Please if anyone knows anything let me know....
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Speedometer stuck

take it in to the dealer. you need a new instrument cluster. this problem cannot be fixed. they just replace it. your new cluster will need to be programmed by the dealer.

jen
Old July 25th, 2007, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Speedometer stuck

Clusters do not need to be programed!

More than likely you need a cluster. Some of the older clusters you can buy just the gauge you need and install it in the cluster but I dont think that is available on the 02's.

Before you order your cluster (have to for mileage) or buy a used one you might want to pull the cluster and check the banjo harness and gang plug on the back side. Unplug it and see if there is any dried ele grease, burnt spots, backed out leads. Clean the gang plug and plug it back in the cluster and go for a test drive.

Do you know how to get the cluster out?